+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Verizon Droid Incredible 2

Registered User nhtu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nhtu View Post
    i have hboot 0.97 ( incredible 2 - verizon)
    I try Xtc clip 1.4.3 but can't unlock

How to use Xtc clip unlock Incredible 2 with h Boot 0.97 ???
    Xtc only support Hboot 0.99

Solution unlock for Hboot 0.97 ( htc incredible 2 - verizon)???????????

Registered User thiengiac is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I am too, my hboot is 0.97.0000.
    How to update hboot to 0.99.200x for unlock Incredible 2.
    Can you show me. please? Thanks all.

Registered User Kaze105 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I want to confirm one thing. Once the xtc clip is used, it cannot be un done no matter what, correct?

Product Supporter Raskal is on a distinguished road Raskal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,803 Times in 755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaze105 View Post
    I want to confirm one thing. Once the xtc clip is used, it cannot be un done no matter what, correct?
    \

un-done what? i dont understand what you mean
    B.R.,
    Raskal

Registered User cinla is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Verizon Dinc2, S-off after XTC clip, but cannot flash CWmod.

Problem: Verizon Dinc2, S-off after XTC clip, but cannot flash CWmod.
    Phone was S-on, with Android 2.3 version.

Greetings!
    I have successfully obtained S-off in Droid incredible 2 [Dinc2 = vivow with hboot 0.97] using the XTC clip [red paygo - the clip was easily updated to 1.6].
    When I use 'fastboot oem boot' PC displays phone CID 11111111, shows S-off, etc. and the phone works normally.

I cannot flash clockworkmod to the recovery partition with 'fastboot flash recovery cwmname.img' - it says I do not have permission. Fastboot and ADB work as expected.
    I have tried on 3 different computers: Linux, WinXP and Win7.

Also, when the the phone is in the bootloader, when we enter fastboot, the phone looks for 4 files in order: 'pg32diag.zip', 'pg32diag.nbh','pg32img.zip','pg32img.nbh'
    but cannot find it as it is on the gold card [which contains pg32diag.nbh]
    I tried reusing the gold card, flashing from it, but not successful to allow CWM install.
    I have tried other methods also: with adb shell, the phone does not let me use 'su' and I can only get the $ prompt, not #. Obviously not rooted.
    Download of rommanager and superuser do not get root privileges.

When we are in the bootloader, and then select 'recovery' option, the phone tries to reach verizon, shows a red triangle, becomes unresponsive. After a while I pull the battery.

On Friday, August 12, Verizon did an OTA without my awareness - It boots normally, works normally, and showed I was now on Andoid 2.3 - previously 2.2.
    I used the XTC clip to get S-off the next day, on Saturday Aug 13.

Any advice?
    Question for Raskal: If I rename a zip file that contains clockworkmod to 'pg32diag.zip', do you know if it will correctly flash the recovery partition?
    If I rename a zip file that contains superuser to 'pg32diag.zip', do you know if it will correctly install superuser?

Thanks!
    Cinla.

Registered User paulsg63 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Unlock GSM Sim card for trip to Italy...

I have a Inc2 that I used the XTC Clip to s-off... I am now rooted and LOVING IT!
    Thanks Raskal!

My question is, how would I use the Clip to unlock my Verizon Sim card to allow GSM access in Italy? Or can that even be done with the Clip?

Thanks in advance!
    PaulG

Thanks

Smile Solved - Now Rooted after S-off by XTC clip- HTC Droid Incredible 2

August 21, 2011

Solved - Now Rooted after S-off by XTC clip
    Verizon HTC Droid Incredible2 [Dinc2]
    Android 2.3, Hboot 0.97

Thanks for a great device Raskal! XTC clip worked as expected to get S-off.

I had been unable to root using fastboot or ADB, even though phone was S-off.

Thanks also to the authors of the following thread for their method:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179136 and
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1179136&page=2
    for alternative method to root. Much appreciated!

Their method follows and worked successfully for me, after I was unable to flash recovery using fastboot.
    As stated in all the other threads - if anyone wants to try this, use at your own risk! I waited a few days myself before doing this!

Method:
    Created a single file pg32img.zip which contains 2 files -
    the clockworkmod .img file and android-info.txt [see below for contents of that file]
    I renamed the cwm .img file to recovery.img before creating the zip file.

Used 7zip to create the zipfile. http://www.7-zip.org/
    Placed this file pg32img.zip in the root of the microSD card and installed into phone.

Superuser zip file needs to on this card also.
    I used http://goo-inside.me/superuser/su-2....fgh-signed.zip
    http://goo-inside.me/superuser/

Booted phone into HBoot menu [power and volume down]
    Phone parsed this file and followed menus for installation of CWM to the recovery directory.
    Rebooted phone - re-entered HBoot, selected recovery and orange CWM menu appeared.

After clearing cache and Dalvik cache, then installed superuser from SDcard.

When phone booted up, installed ROMManager from the market as needed, and re-flash CWM from this if needed.

Then Moved pg32img.zip file away from root of microSDcard into a separate folder.

cinla.

Contents of android-info.txt

modelid: PG3210000
    cidnum: VZW__001
    mainver: 2.18.605.3
    hbootpreupdate:12

Thanks also to these other resources [htc drivers, ADB, fastboot, instructions etc]:

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p.../revolutionary

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1122694

Registered User syedriz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Exclamation help!!

its been a week since iv been trying to some how istall CWM on my verizon locked DI2..i cant access anything on the phone besides the activation and emergency dialler.....on the bootloader i can see:
    VIVO_W XB SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-0.97.0000
    RADIO- 0.99.01.0225_2
    eMMC-boot
    iv used revolutionary-0.4pre4 works fine till the CWM installation and it fails as usual and directs to manually istall it
    followed the manual installation method installed the android sdk n the drivers n placed the recovery img in the adb folder...opened the command prompt typed adb devices with the phone in HBOOT displaying HBOOT USB..i get

D:\adb>adb devices
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached

D:\adb>
    followed by this i go for the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (i renamed the IMG file as recovery)...then i get

D:\adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    < waiting for device >
    sending 'recovery' (3696 KB)... OKAY [ 1.190s]
    writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)
    finished. total time: 1.192s
    D:\adb>
    Well..after this...i tried the zip file method as mentioned by CINLA..i made a zip file containing android-info.txt and recovery.img ..the txt file containing
    modelid: PG3210000
    cidnum: VZW__001
    mainver: 2.18.605.3
    hbootpreupdate:12
    named the zip file PG32IMG.zip placed it in the root of SD card rebooted it into bootloader....something installed....it rebooted and then i connected my phone back n placed the super user file su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip on root of the sd card and placed the PG32IMG.zip in another folder...back to bootloader nothing happend..tried to go for RECOVERY hoping CW mode will start but all it does is display the green HTC logo with a white backgroud ..its doing the same thing when i go for factory reset in the bootloader!?
    Anyone and everyone...please help...thanks

Thanks

Root Dinc2 problem

To syedriz: my sympathies!
    - You mention that you cannot access anything on the phone besides the activation and emergency dialler. If you re-activate the phone with Verizon does it work?
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...ivatephone.jsp

- My s-off was via xtc clip, not revolutionary. Don't know if that makes a difference!

- Again - at your own risk: Perhaps the pg32img.zip is corrrupt - consider redoing it, maybe re-download the cwm img file and check the md5 signature. Also, the android info txt file needs a carriage return after the hbootpreupdate:12 line.
    Also try a battery pull.

Check out the links and threads above for ideas.
    Good luck - Cinla

Registered User syedriz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks

Unhappy still stuck!!

Thanks for the immediate reply...no one from XDA has posted any solution to it...

Iv bought this phone in china ...so theres no way to reach verizon.

pg32img is supposed to install CWM...right? my android info txt was copied from your post..it installs fine .. the phone restarts...the only difference was...be4 i installed your given pg32img...on going to recovery from bootloader my phone used to show a red triangle...but after the installation... when i go for recovery ...it just shows the green htc logo .

By battery pull..you mean takin out the battery n puttin in back in and going to the bootloader...right?
    thanks again

Thanks

Root Dinc2 problem

To syedriz:
    I am NOT an expert, so take any advice from me with caution / own risk!
    Pulling out the battery completely from the phone to allow the phone to settle sometimes helps.

Seems to be 2 issues:

1 - does the phone boot up correctly? can you make calls? Does it have to be activated with a carrier? Can you put in a simchip and make a phone call? Dinc2 is a world phone - CDMA and GSM. The stock android on the phone allows you to use CDMA [which verizon in the USA uses] or GSM with a simchip - you can select either or both/automatic by going to settings > call > preferred network etc.
    With Verizon in USA the phone has to be activated to work - see above link.

2 - getting clockworkmod to install. If you are s-off and can get into the bootloader, then you hopefully can install clockwork mod. If the method failed, possibilities are:
    -Bad memory chip - replace or reformat as fat32
    -pg32img or component files are corrupted. - best is to download again & redo the process.
    Have both the pg32img and superuser zip in the root directory of the memory chip.
    Suggest you re-download the files from the internet.
    See above for superuser download link.
    For cwm I used:
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/rec....0.8-vivow.img
    Last version is:
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/rec....2.0-vivow.img
    Other CWM options:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ewc6o8tbor0ye6z - cwm 4.0.0.4
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/ - all possibilities - search for vivow
    http://downloads.unrevoked.com/recov....1.4-vivow.img as mentioned in
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1122694

Hope this is helpful. If/When you are up and running be sure to do a backup of the entire phone with CWM ['nandroid backup'] good luck
    Cinla

Registered User emieczko is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Just thought I'd let you know that this method does work for a Dinc2 running Android 2.3.4/HBOOT 0.98.0000.

Cinla, I followed your post almost exactly. The only change I made was to use the latest versions of SU and CW Mod from the sites you linked.

Thanks for the great write-up

Registered User babarja du is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I would recommend you follow this guide to learn how to convert purchase itunes music (m4p) to mp3.

Thanks

Dinc2 Root

To emieczko:
    A question - how did you get your Dinc2 to S-off - Revolutionary or XTC-clip ?
    Thanks!
    cinla

Registered User celumaster is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emieczko View Post
    Just thought I'd let you know that this method does work for a Dinc2 running Android 2.3.4/HBOOT 0.98.0000.

Cinla, I followed your post almost exactly. The only change I made was to use the latest versions of SU and CW Mod from the sites you linked.

Thanks for the great write-up
    Hello, i have here a Droid incredible 2(dinc2) running on hboot 0.98.0000, i need to unlock it, its possible root this phone and then use the diag flash from xtc to complete the unlock process? Can anyone help me please ???

Thanks
    According to the product web site, the XTC clip provides
    S-off, super CID and SIMLOCK removal.
    http://www.xtc.hk/product.html

Registered User rhinoguitar is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    I'm having the same issue as well. hboot 0.98.000 and I have no idea if the clip will do anything for this phone. I'm waiting to see if there have been any updates out there but I haven't seen anything that's been straight forward in explaining either how to downgrade and unlock or just plain unlocking. If there is an easy way some one please let me know. Right now the iPhone unlocks are super easy compared to Android!

Thanks

Cool

By unlock, I assume you mean being able to put any simchip into the Dinc2 to make phone calls anywhere that there is a GSM phone network. If so, and if you already have a contract with your phone provider [Verizon in USA for Dinc2], you could just phone them and indicate you may travel outside the USA and use the phone on another local network when out of the USA. If you have a contract, then they could give you an unlock numeric key to do this. No clip required. You do not need S-off for sim unlock.

If the above does not apply, then xtc clip, according to the website, will change the identity of your phone to superCID [111...], so it is not identified with any network. I don't know what other unlocking wizadry goes on, but that way any sim [hopefully] should work when the phone is set to GSM mode. [Dinc2 can also work in CDMA mode for Verizon in USA]

Some explanations:
    http://www.dhakamobilebd.com/f409/wh...tc-clip-10218/
    http://##########################/f6...stand-1308777/

If you want to root the phone, separate from unlocking it, then you can either use XTC clip for hardware method to get s-off, or go the software route with revolutionary.io [link below]. Either way, the phone is not automatically rooted after s-off - it is just capable of getting to that state [by installing superuser, clockworkmod etc.]. Also, the phone may still be locked regarding the simchip even if rooted in this way.

http://revolutionary.io/
    http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.p.../revolutionary

Registered User victor_79 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    Succesfully unlock verizon incredible 2 vivo h-boot 0.98.0000 with xtc clip 2.1.1 hboot 0.99.200x. Tested 100% working

Registered User aaaleksander391 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks
    If you guys plan on supporting it, I may be able to help.

Raskal, I have a Verizon Droid Incredible 2 if you want it. I'm sure we can work something out. I'll email you when I get off work.

Update: Email sent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information