New JAF software version 1.98.6 ready.
- added easy cable support for dct4+ unlocking
- added Read ASK, Write RPL functions for BB5
- added SX4 authorization for PM using local SX4 card or server.
- added certificate backup as automatic operation when flashing bb5 in fbus mode
- fixed some minor bugs.
Now about ask, rpl:
With jaf you can generate original encrypted files and write original encrypted rpls. In jaf.ini you have a option to set dongle sn for ask generation. Hopefully next week a rpl service for bb5 will be available for jaf users. More news about this when time comes.
About certificates backup:
JAF saves both NPC and VARIANT certificate as RPL file.
So in worst case scenario if something wrong happend with flashing and you have both imei and simlock data lost, you can restore your phone with pm and rpl file saved.
Quick tutorial to fully restore (IF YOU HAVE THE BACKUP RPL AND PM):
1. Erase the phone with erase files
2. Full flash the phone with latest version. After flash imei should be 123456...
3. Write lockdata PM file (important to be written first)
4. Write RPL backup file as plain rpl (in this moment the phone should have imei restored and simlock data ok, but have contact service or contact retailer)
5. Make SX4 auth
6. Write good pm from same phone type WITHOUT FIELD 308